ordering, delivery, & pickup
when is the order cutoff each week & when is inventory updated?
We take orders on a rolling basis up to 30 days in advance, but the orders cut off ~25 hours before our baking days.
- Order by Sunday 11pm for Tuesday pickup
- Order by Tuesday 11pm for Thursday deliveries
- Order by Wednesday 11pm for Friday pickup
Our website is automated to grey out the dates once the cutoff has past. It will prompt you to select any available dates.
does "sold out" mean it's not coming back?
If something is marked "sold out", it is simply sold out for the week, not for the season.
You can click on each product page and find "availability" dates listed in its description.
do you deliver to me?
We generally deliver to the South Bay area, California.
Cities include: Campbell, Cupertino, Los Altos, Milpitas (partial), Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Jose (partial), Santa Clara, Saratoga, Sunnyvale.
Check if we deliver to your exact zip code:
1. Add a cookie to your cart.
2. Go to the Cart page.
3. Below "local delivery", enter your zip code and press "CHECK".
Below "When would you like to get your order", you'll be notified if there is a minimum order for your zip code. We don't charge for delivery.
If we don't deliver to you:
We partner with delivery platform Pastel to serve you everywhere in the bay area (SF, peninsula, east bay, Marin, etc.)! They take pre-orders Sun-Tues and deliver all over the Bay on a rotating basis from Fri-Sun. Currently we offer our pudge cookies on Pastel for the Saturday pickup only.
when do you deliver?
We deliver on Thursday afternoons typically between 11am-4pm.
We send everyone an "out for delivery" notification when we start our route.
Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee specific delivery requests at this time, but feel free to DM us on Instagram or email us at email@example.com if you need to check in on your delivery.
do I need to be present for delivery?
In general, you do not need to be present for delivery except in these scenarios:
- It's impossible for us to deliver to you without your presence (e.g. gated communities).
- It's raining - in which case it would be ideal for you to take the cookies in as soon as you can!
when can I pickup my order?
Our pickup days are Tuesday and Friday. the checkout process, you will be prompted to select a pickup timeslot between 3-6pm for your desired pickup date.
Since we are testing a new pickup location, we won't have as much flexibility to accommodate late pickups so please arrive by 6pm latest :)
where is my order confirmation?
This is automatically sent to your email address when you place an order. Please check your mailbox's promotions, spam, or junk folder before contacting us in case the order confirmation has been diverted there. If you haven’t received your order confirmation within 24 hours, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can re-send your order confirmation.
what payment methods do you accept?
We accept the following credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
do you ship cookies nationwide?
No - unfortunately we don't ship nationwide. Local delivery only for now.
Until we move into a storefront & get new licensing, we won't be able to ship our cookies.
how do I place a large order ($150+)?
Please fill out the intake form on the events & large orders page and we'll contact you to discuss dates and details. We're very responsive.
We'd love to discuss packaging requests and catering pricing.
Please give as much advance notice as you can so that we have sufficient time to prepare your order while still maintaining our normal business operations!
do you take walk-ins?
Unfortunately not at this time.
cancellations & refunds
how do I cancel for a refund, or reschedule my order?
You may cancel your order for a full refund up to 12 hours before your delivery/pickup day.
You may also reshedule your order up to 12 hours before your delivery/pickup date.
Contact us by email at email@example.com with your name and order number (or simply forward us your order confirmation) and let us know what you need and we'll help you process it.
can I alter my order?
Yes. Please contact us if you need to request any changes to your orders. We ask for 12 hours advance notice.
For example, If you have an order for Thursday, please contact us on Wednesday at the latest.
As policy, we will not issue refunds for any orders that have been baked.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a change.
packaging, reheating & storing cookies
how do I reheat my cookies?
Unleash the full power of the pudge by warming it up and pairing it with ice cream or a hot drink!! It'll be worth the wait.
- Microwave: up to 15-20 seconds per cookie.
- Oven / toaster oven: preheat to 350℉ and bake in increments for 1-3 mins.
*filled cookies can get too hot, so heat them carefully!
2. Classic cookies
Microwave: up to 10 seconds per cookie.
We haven't personally tested other methods like steam-injection oven or air fryer. In general, your mileage may vary if you try any of these methods. We'd love to know if you tried reheating your cookies via airfyer or any other method, and what your recommendations would be. If you'd like to share, please shoot us a DM @batch22bakery on Instagram or email us at email@example.com!
From one customer:
Airfryer - 260 degrees for 6-7 minutes
how long do the cookies stay fresh?
Cookies are best eaten the day you receive them! They are freshly baked on delivery & pickup days. However, we do test our reheating instructions, and they give you a "fresh-out-of-the-oven" feel. Glorious.
- Pudge cookies: 5 days (3 days for matcha, pumpkin spice, red velvet, and strawberries 'n cream).
- Classic flavors: 5 days
- Shortbread: 7 days
- Sandies: 3 days
what's the best way to store the cookies?
Always store your cookies in an airtight container (or ziplock) at room temperature.
Also, for best effect, seperate by cookie type (i.e. store Pudges, classics, and shortbread in different containers as storing the different types together can have unintended effects).
Resist the urge to keep the boxes/bags that your cookies came in! For an easy solution, you can place your boxes in ziplock bags if they'll fit :)
We truly recommend proper storage since we test the freshness-life of our cookies by storing them in airtight containers.
how are the cookies packaged?
Our cookies are packaged by cookie type to avoid any unwanted staling effects.
Pudges all together, classics all together, and shortbreads all together.
You're more than welcome to leave packaging instructions! And if there are any nut allergies we should know about, please let us know at checkout - the Cart page has a spot for "packaging and delivery instructions".
We do not do individual packaging, except for large orders $150+ due to the time consumption for packaging.
nuts, vegan, gluten-free, & customs
what if I or my recipient have/has nut allergies?
On all of our cookies, we list a little nut icon next to the name if there are nuts included. We also list ingredients and allergens on each product page.
In general if nuts are a big concern, we would advise you not to order from us. We do not have separated nut/nut-free equipment and don't want to put anyone at a health risk
do you have a gluten-free option?
Unfortuantely we've decided not to continue making our gluten free chocolate chip cookie.
do you have a vegan option?
No, we don't. We did some testing on a vegan chocolate chip pudge in 2021, but seemed to barely scratch the surface on understanding the nuances of vegan ingredients. When we test cookies, it's an exhaustive process. There's a lot of food science involved in regular baking already. To tackle it for vegan and gluten-free ingredients is a specialty in and of itself. We will not pursue a vegan option for the foreseeable future.
do you take custom requests?
While it breaks our heart to say no, we do not accept custom requests. (Examples of custom requests include: a batch with more or less of a specific ingredient, a "less sweet" or "more sweet" version, replacing ingredients, special flavors, etc.)
We spend weeks testing our cookies to make sure they meet our standards in terms of flavor, texture, bake, and aesthetic. When we make small un-tested changes, unintended effects can happen. Quality is really important to us, and we want to serve you cookies that truly represent us.
All that aside, we love suggestions and feedback, so don't hesitate to reach out on Instagram or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas!
what are you known for?
The Pudges and our seasonal offerings. We specialize in unique flavors (matcha, filled cookies, fruit-forward cookies, etc.) in addition to American classics with our twist. Pudges are less sweet than your traditional American baked goods, and developed with more flavor and depth.
These are our customer favorites, across all of our cookie types:
how do you operate?
We are a Santa Clara County licensed home bakery (Permit # PT0496332).
We are a very, very small business! if you interact with us, you're likely speaking with the same person on any given platform. Don't forget we are human, not a bot :)
what's the origin of the Batch 22 name?
We wanted something with wordplay :) Batch 22 plays off of Catch-22. And, it alludes to our extensive flavor testing process (although the first Pudge certainly took more than 22 batches.)
References to Batch 22 Bakery and Pudge in the wild:
- Pudge, in Lilo & Stitch, in which Pudge is a fish.
- Batch 22, in Friends, in which Phoebe tries to recreate her Grandma's cookies...22 batches later, they realized it was a Nestle Tollhouse recipe.
when did you open?
We got our business license and permits in early May 2020 and launched on May 26th. We celebrate our birthday on May 5th!
what is your logo?
A potato chef!
But why potato?
Why not? Potatoes are awesome! incredibly versatile! Fries, tots, curly fries, gnocchi, sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries, mashed potatoes, hashed browns, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, latkes, potato salad, POUTINE!! and have we mentioned tots?? half of these may be types of fries, but the argument stands. we should be more like potatoes (not thrown in the oven - we mean versatile!).
what are your values?
1. Quality above all. We didn't have a childhood dream to own a business. Rather, it was the obsession and hard work we put into cookie-testing that drove us to open up shop and see if we can serve cookies as a way of living. Quality is essential from cookies to customer service:
- Cookie quality: We define a good cookie as: having accurate flavor and depth of flavor, having pleasant texture, and a good bake. We have a meticulous testing process for each cookie, and only release flavors when we're proud of them. We also revisit our cookies annually and often release updates.
- Cookie consistency: Each customer should have the same great experience again and again.
- Ordering experience: Should be fast and easy from the minute you try to order, to the minute you receive your delivery or pickup.
- Customer service: Service in the food industry is usually hit or miss. We prefer to be awesome and responsive, as if you're talking to a friend!
2. Transparency. We love to share what we're working on and what we're learning as a new business. In general, we communicate often with our customers and and include them in our processes (e.g. voting on seasonal flavors). We also ask for feedback early & often, and use it to upgrade various aspects of our business - everything from ordering process, to cookie flavors. Transparency with our customers has helped us build a lil cookie community :) You grow with us, and vice versa.
3. Learning and iterating. One of the most fulfilling parts of this bakery is developing new flavors, and continually learning how to push the boundaries of cookie creation! Each cookie project is a new way to hone our craft, to try new things, and fast-fail often.
Find our story here!
We're on a mission to dream new cookies into life. From re-imagined childhood classics to flavors that aren't (yet) in cookie form - we work with an obsessive dedication to quality to serve new & unforgettable cookie experiences you'll want to savor.