ordering, delivery, & pickup
when is the order deadline each week?
The website automatically cuts off orders for each week at 11pm Tuesday PT. This is so we can ensure that we have enough time to complete all the orders.
You may place future orders up to 60 days in advance.
do you deliver to me?
We generally deliver to the South Bay area (California).
Here's how to check if we deliver to you:
1. Add a cookie to your cart.
2. Go to the Cart page.
3. Below "local delivery", enter your zip code and press "CHECK". et voila!
Below "When would you like to get your order", you'll be notified if there is a minimum order for your zip code.
If we don't deliver to you:
we partner with delivery platform Pastel to serve you everywhere in the bay area (SF, peninsula, east bay, Marin, etc.)! They take pre-orders Sun-Tues and deliver all over the Bay on a rotating basis from Fri-Sun. Currently we offer our pudge cookies on Pastel for the Saturday pickup only.
when do you deliver?
We deliver on Thursday afternoons typically between 1-6pm. Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee specific delivery requests at this time.
do I need to be present for delivery?
In general, you do not need to be present for delivery except in these scenarios:
- It's impossible for us to deliver to you without your presence (e.g. gated communities).
- It's raining - in which case it would be ideal for you to take the cookies in as soon as you can!
when can I pickup my order?
Our pickup day is Friday. At the checkout process, you will be prompted to select a pickup timeslot for your desired pickup date.
where is my order confirmation?
This is automatically sent to your email address when you place an order. Please check your mailbox's promotions, spam, or junk folder before contacting us in case the order confirmation has been diverted there. If you haven’t received your order confirmation within 24 hours, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can re-send your order confirmation.
what payment methods do you accept?
We accept the following credit cards: MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
how do I place a large order ($150+)?
Please fill out the intake form on the events & large orders page and we'll contact you to discuss dates and details. We're very responsive.
We'd love to discuss packaging requests and catering pricing.
Please give as much advance notice as you can so that we have sufficient time to prepare your order while still maintaining our normal business operations!
cancellations & refunds
how do I cancel for a refund, or reschedule my order?
You may cancel your order for a full refund up to 12 hours before your delivery/pickup day.
You may also reshedule your order up to 12 hours before your delivery/pickup date.
Contact us by email at email@example.com with your name and order number (or simply forward us your order confirmation) and let us know what you need and we'll help you process it.
can I alter my order?
You're free to edit your order anytime before Tuesday 11pm PT. After that, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see if we can help.
reheating & storing cookies
how do I reheat my cookies?
Unleash the full power of the pudge by warming it up and pairing it with ice cream or a hot drink!! It'll be worth the wait.
- Microwave: up to 15-20 seconds per cookie.
- Oven / toaster oven: preheat to 350℉ and bake in increments for 1-3 mins.
*filled cookies can get too hot, so heat them carefully!
2. Classic cookies
Microwave: up to 10 seconds per cookie.
Don't heat shortbread. They're best consumed at room temperature.
4. Other methods, like airfryer:
We don't have an airfryer, but we've heard people reheat cookies & other pastries in theirs. We'd love to know if you tried reheating your cookies via airfyer or any other method, and what your recommendations would be. If you'd like to share, please shoot us a DM @batch22bakery on Instagram or email us at email@example.com! We'd love to trade you cookies for valuable information.
how long do the cookies stay fresh?
Cookies are best eaten the day you receive them! They are freshly baked on delivery & pickup days. However, we do test our reheating instructions, and they give you a "fresh-out-of-the-oven" feel!
- Pudge cookies: 5 days (3 days for matcha, pumpkin spice, red velvet, and strawberries 'n cream).
- Classic flavors: 5 days
- Shortbread: 7 days
what's the best way to store the cookies?
Always store your cookies in an airtight container (or ziplock) at room temperature.
Also, for best effect, seperate by cookie type (i.e. store Pudges, classics, and shortbread in different containers as storing the different types together can have unintended effects).
Resist the urge to keep the boxes/bags that your cookies came in! For an easy solution, you can place your boxes in ziplock bags if they'll fit :)
We truly recommend proper storage since we test the freshness-life of our cookies by storing them in airtight containers.
vegan, gluten-free, & customs
do you have a gluten-free option?
Yes, we make a mean gluten-free chocolate chip cookie (~1 oz size, not a 6 oz Pudge). It has a delightfully sandy texture [not dry!] and an insanely unique, addictive flavor. It rivals our gourmet chocolate chip cookie.
Unfortunately it was never that popular, so we don't put it on our menu. Please excuse the inconvenience, but shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to order by the half or full dozen.
do you have a vegan option?
Currently we don't make any vegan cookies, but we're in the middle of testing. Our goal is to create a vegan chocolate chip pudge that's as good as our regular version. It's very important to us that our vegan/gluten-free cookies can have the same flavor & texture quality as all of our other cookies. If we can make this happen, we'll announce it on Instagram, in our email newsletter, and here on our website.
do you take custom requests?
While it breaks our heart to say no, we do not accept custom requests. (Examples of custom requests include: a batch with more or less of a specific ingredient, a "less sweet" or "more sweet" version, replacing ingredients, etc.)
We spend weeks testing our cookies to make sure they meet our standards in terms of flavor, texture, bake, and aesthetic. When we make small un-tested changes, unintended effects can happen. Quality is really important to us, and we want to serve you cookies that truly represent us.
All that aside, we love suggestions and feedback, so don't hesitate to reach out on Instagram or email us at email@example.com with any ideas!
what are you known for?
The Pudge cookies. This is the cookie type that launched us into a full blown cookie obsession and years of testing (it probably took weeks just to perfect the bake time, which we updated again when we opened the business.) We're so proud of how far the pudges have come!
These are our customer favorites, across all of our cookie types:
how do you operate?
We are a Santa Clara County licensed home bakery (Permit # PT0496332).
We are a very, very small business! if you interact with us, you're likely speaking with the same person on any given platform. Don't forget we are human, not a bot :)
what's the origin of the Batch 22 name?
We wanted something with wordplay :) Batch 22 plays off of Catch-22. And, it alludes to our extensive flavor testing process (although the first Pudge certainly took more than 22 batches.)
References to Batch 22 Bakery and Pudge in the wild:
- Pudge, in Lilo & Stitch, in which Pudge is a fish.
- Batch 22, in Friends, in which Phoebe tries to recreate her Grandma's cookies...22 batches later, they realized it was a Nestle Tollhouse recipe.
when did you open?
We got our business license and permits in early May 2020 and launched on May 26th. We celebrate our birthday on May 5th!
what is your logo?
A potato chef!
But why potato?
Why not? Potatoes are awesome! incredibly versatile! Fries, tots, curly fries, gnocchi, sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries, mashed potatoes, hashed browns, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, latkes, potato salad, POUTINE!! and have we mentioned tots?? half of these may be types of fries, but the argument stands. we should be more like potatoes (not thrown in the oven - we mean versatile!).
what are your values?
1. Quality above all. We didn't have a childhood dream to own a business. Rather, it was the obsession and hard work we put into cookie-testing that drove us to open up shop and see if we can serve cookies as a way of living. Quality is essential across all of these aspects:
- Cookie quality: We define a good cookie as: having accurate flavor and depth of flavor, having pleasant texture, and a good bake. We have a meticulous testing process for each cookie, and only release flavors when we're proud of them. We also revisit cookies if we think we can improve them.
- Cookie consistency: Each customer should have the same great experience, period.
- Ordering experience: Should be fast and easy from the minute you try to order, to the minute you receive your delivery or pickup.
- Customer service: Service in the food industry is usually hit or miss. We prefer to be awesome and responsive, as if you're talking to a friend!
2. Transparency. We love to share what we're working on and what we're learning as a new business. In general, we communicate often with our customers and and include them in our processes (e.g. voting on seasonal flavors). We also ask for feedback early & often, and use it to upgrade various aspects of our business - everything from ordering process, to cookie flavors. Transparency with our customers has helped us build a lil cookie community :)
3. Learning and iterating. One of the most fulfilling parts of this bakery is developing new flavors, and continually learning how to push the boundaries of cookie creation! Each cookie project is a new way to hone our craft, to try new things, and fast-fail often.
We're on a mission to dream new cookies into life. From re-imagined childhood classics to flavors that aren't (yet) in cookie form - we work with an obsessive dedication to quality to serve new & unforgettable cookie experiences you'll want to savor.